Sunday 19 May 2013

Cycling Gisburn Forest

I didn't realise how much I missed cycling until I started again the last year or so. Mr. L and I try to cycle together every weekend.

 Best bike I've ever had - Cube Cyclo-Cross Bike.

 Now I do a bit of road and trail riding. Years ago I used to love mountain biking - the tougher the better ;-) BUT now I'm a real scaredy pants - when does that sneak up on you?




Last weekend we met friends at Gisburn Forest - purpose built cycle trails in the beautiful Trough of Bowland.


Cycling Gisburn Forest

We always have a cafe stop on our bike rides - tea and cake obligatory - one of the few times I am guilt free! Wahey!


Essential bike storage outside Forest Den Cafe.



These beautiful beams were crying out to be photographed. They are in the Cafe - I just love how they are not engineered. 

 


  Me wearing my favourite Sweaty Betty cycling pants (bought in the sale I hasten to add) - perfectly padded bottom and a little skirt attached to hide fatty bits at the top of my legs. LOVE! 
My cycle pants

Little known fact...
The Queen actually says she would like to live in the Forest of Bowland if she had a choice! 



Back with more soon,
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment