Friday 10 May 2013

Leaving His Teens

On Thursday Mr.L and I travelled to Leicester to celebrate Big Boy's 20th Birthday.
He's been at the University of Leicester 2 years now and how he's changed.
An appreciation of money and the cost of living - lights off in his apartment, short showers and shopping Sainsbury's and Tesco @ 8.00pm for daily bargains like a 10p loaf of bread!
But not just that, he's developed a maturity, an awareness of people's feelings, a strong sense of justice and an appreciation of his upbringing and the opportunities he's had.
20 years since the little Taurean came charging in to our lives - all 10lb 4oz of him popped on my chest, have gone in the blink of an eye. I remember the first time I set eyes on him and the instantaneous, protective love I felt for him - and felt again 18 months later when his sister 'A' was born.
I say to both my children "No matter how old you are you will always be my baby!"
Big Boy & his little sister 'A'

So, on Thursday I looked at him in wonderment that we have produced this fine young man.
Did I mention I'm *proud?*
  

No comments:

Post a Comment