Sunday 18 August 2013

Palnackie, Palnackie, Palnackie

Oh, gorgeous Palnackie! *SIGH*

I spent a few days here last week with family in their little fisherman's cottage which they have renovated. 

Small but perfect in every way - it was so relaxing.

I was gutted as I had forgotten my camera, ggggrrrrr!!! 
Can you imagine, all the missed opportunities...

Palnackie is in Kirkcudbrightshire, just into Scotland in the Region of Dumfries & Galloway.

 There are only 200 resident's in Palnackie and I would imagine that most people know each other!

The old Port is currently being renovated & I hope to visit again once it's finished :-)

We went to the little beach about 45 minutes walk away - beautiful white sand, clear sea - we swam! 
I know! In Scotland! Not another soul in sight. Perfect!

There was everything - you could not pick a better place for a holiday home - Mountains, Forests, Beaches, Little Villages with pretty shops to peruse, all within a couple of miles. 

Not forgetting Dalbeattie Forest 7 Stanes  for mountain biking which is part of the renowned 7 Stanes.

How on earth did they find such a place I wondered.

 It was as a result of spending many childhood holidays nearby in their caravan that led them to Palnackie.

Never mind Holiday Home - I. Want. To. Live. There.
XX



No comments:

Post a Comment