Friday 13 March 2015

Destinations For March #TheYearInBooks

So, I have eventually finished my first choice for the year in books! Joining in with Circle Of Pine Trees The Year In Books - getting my reading on!

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey........I didn't read as much as I usually do on holiday.
 I enjoyed this book, it didn't grip me completely initially, this changed as I got about halfway through. Beautifully written with a  depth of emotion around the loss of a child emanating from the pages.  I felt sad for the characters, that their lives were affected so deeply by the loss of their child, but how do you recover from something so sad, could you?

As the book went on it was interspersed with happier, tender, beautifully captured moments. I could also picture the scenery, the atmosphere, I was holding my breath at times as I read, a talent for a writer to deliver. About halfway through I started to worry that the ending was going to be sad, I'm not in a place to cope with sad endings at the moment!! However, I would describe the end as thought provoking, as is much of the book.

So, my book for March (a little late) is Destinations by Sheila O'Flanagan.
A women on the tube travelling to work and her daily observations of the other regular passengers.......and the conversations she overhears. A nosey book!!

Hoping to catch up with some of my favourite blogs this weekend after nearly two weeks with no tablet, ggggrrrr.

Happy Weekend!
XX




1 comment:

  1. I have read one or two Sheila O'Flangans before, not sure they are really my kind of read but having said that they were good.

    ReplyDelete