Monday 6 July 2015

New Summer Basics

I posted here about losing over 2 stone in weight since October last year. It isn't just weight loss, my body is much stronger and leaner due to discovering a love of running and racing.

I have had to buy a whole load of new clothes, my old one's were literally hanging off me.

Next was the quickest and easiest place to replace my everyday essentials. They have an excellent range of basics and are reasonably priced.

Vest tops 3 for £12.00 in grey, white, navy, obviously!
These linen t-shirts I LOVE, great quality and fit for linen & navy & stripes!!
 3 pairs of jeans - dark, washed and striped - oh my days they are gorgeous :-) Next jeans fit me really well - never did before....
This top, is a lovely light fluid shape, it feels much more expensive than it's £15.00 price tag. Unusual colour for me, but I like it and it works with tan shoes. 
Here it is with those tan shoes and also a cream jacket, a must have this Summer  bought for a wedding last month from H & M, which dresses it up further.
 Close up of the tan wedges. These are soooo comfy.......yet soooooo high!
Another t-shirt - show me paisley - it's a must have :-) Love the little pompom detail on the neck and sleeves :-)
 
I read the fabulous blog That's Not My Age and love the advice given. One piece of advice I have followed with this new wardrobe is owning a blue shirt. Throw on for cooler days, lovely soft cotton and striped, though a bit difficult to see in the picture. Dress up, dress down perfect. Silver shoes also from Next last year. 
 
Swing vest, again fits really nicely. Again striped! Blimey, how knackered do I look on this?!
 
This I threw into the shopping trolley at Sainsbury's, great value, I'd been looking at much more expensive versions. Ubiquitous navy detail. A tenner in the sale! Bagged!
 More stripes. Don't know the make, bought from a Fairtrade shop in Leicester. Striped with batwing sleeves - what can I say....A little pricey, but you know, it's made from bamboo!! Ha!

So there a quick round up of the new basics in my wardrobe. Where do you buy basics? Next I need to sort my work attire!!

Thanks for dropping by! 
Have a great week!
XX





No comments:

Post a Comment