Monday 6 July 2015

The Casual Vacancy #TheYearInBooks

I last joined in with Laura & #TheYearInBooks in April.

That's not to say I haven't read - I have read loads, but always seem to be at the end of the book when it's time to share what I've been reading!

So grateful to Laura for getting me back into reading. It's so good to escape inside the cover of a great book. So here's what I have read since April.....
The Woman In The Fifth - Douglas Kennedy. It took me a while to get into this book, once I did I enjoyed it. Suspense and mystery, the ending a little unbelievable.

Going Dutch - Katie Fforde. Very easy Summer read! Man meets woman, overcome obstacles, fall in love, yada yada! Perfect if you don't want anything too taxing.

Body Surfing - Anita Shreve. I just LOVE her writing. Relationships, love, family dynamics, grief, deceit all contained within. Makes me want to read more from Anita Shreve.

My Lovers Lover - Maggie O'Farrell. My heart was in my mouth at times with this book, my heart beating fast.....but it ends up weird and not at all what you think is going on!! Shows how your mind can play tricks on you.

My favourite by far was Anita Shreve....

My book for this month is by J.K.Rowling. It's a biggy but I'm off on holiday Thursday. The Casual Vacancy starts with the death of a young member of the Parish Council, the ramifications of that for the different characters and the growing unrest of this seemingly peaceful village.

I'll let you know how I get on at the end of July.
Why not join in - it's a great way to get into reading if you have fallen off the literary wagon!
XX




5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed A Casual Vacancy, I hope you like it, too. Have a nice holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good Christina - it's a big book so don't want to be disappointed!! XX

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful holiday and hope you're taking lots more books !!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaahhhh thank you lovely! Not too many books - I'm cycling Coast to Coast lol!! XX

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a lovely holiday, having just seen above that you are riding coast to coast it doesn't sound like you're going to be doing much relaxing on this holiday. I hope the weather is kind to you. I've still not read the Casual Vacancy and I missed it when they did the screen play earlier in the year. I know it will be one that my daughter will want to read too so I best get around to it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete