Friday 13 November 2015

Slowing Down In The Kitchen

My evenings usually go something like this (when I am in work). I arrive home to Olly very eager to go for a walk, so straight out of the back door I go, whatever the weather. I return, get tea on, throwing whatever I have in the oven, not particularly thinking about the food I am putting on our plates, just how quickly I can get it done.

Baking I find different to cooking, I thoroughly enjoy baking and often when I am stressed find myself in the middle of baking a cake - comfort food!!

But, I want to enjoy cooking more, to plan more thoroughly, to take my time preparing and more importantly eating. Despite throwing whatever in the oven we do have a really healthy diet, as in lots of fish, more protein, limited carbs, but just thrown together by the seat of my pants ;-)

This week I have enjoyed being in the kitchen, because I have had time. I tried a couple of new recipes and have slowed down my eating - I don't have anywhere to go at the moment, I'm not going running, dashing off to Pilates......

First up, this gorgeous colourful Vegetarian Chilli which I forgot to picture when on the plate!!
I wasn't too sure about this Cauliflower Cheese with Crispy Bacon, but made it for lunch and it was yummy. So simple, yet filling too! I forgot to roast mine, Frugal Queen's looks better, haha!
Last but not least this comforting, autumnal Roasted Pumpkin Soup. It was delicious and enjoyed by all who tasted! :-) I have made pumpkin soup before, which was left to go cold by everyone, me included. I picked a bad recipe....this time I went with Jamie Oliver. I did water it down quite a bit after these shots, I also added sweet potato :-0

So, I'm trying to embrace the slow, taking advantage of my time at home as I recover. Looking for inspiration, planning to eat something new at last once a week. I'd love if you could share or point me to any recent recipes you have tried and loved.


Happy Weekend!
XX



No comments:

Post a Comment